If you are interested to know more about my qualifications, you will find these below. It also includes my professional memberships and ongoing continued professional development. If you are interested in my background, and what led me to become a therapist, you can get a sense of who I am here.
I am a qualified nurse, and hold a Diploma in Higher Education (Nursing).
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy.
- Diploma in Counselling Skills.
- Advanced Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling.
- Berne Institute Foundation Certificate in Transactional Analysis.
I am in advanced clinical training at the Berne Institute. I am studying for my MSc in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy.
Complex Trauma Certification Levels I & II with Janina Fisher.
IFS Online Circle: Foundations of the IFS Model, with Dr. Richard Schwartz, Toni Herbine-Blank, and Pamela Krause. IFS Institute.
- I am a member of the European Society for Trauma and Dissociation (ESTD).
- I am on an Accredited Register, which has been accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
- Individual accreditation with the National Counselling Society.
- I have trainee membership of the UKCP (UK Council for Psychotherapy). I abide by their Code of Ethics & Professional Practice.
- I am a member of UKATA (UK Association for Transactional Analysis).
- I am also a member of EATA (European Association for Transactional Analysis).
- Both the UKCP, and NCS are accredited by the Professional Standards Authority. This is part of the Accredited Registers programme. The PSA are an independent body, accountable to Parliament. It was set up by the Department of Health and Social Care.
- I am a member of a regular supervision group for therapists working with clients who are non binary or transgender.
Continued Professional Development Completed:
- I am trained in using the MID (Multi-Dimensional Inventory of Dissociation), which is a validated and reliable assessment, to diagnose dissociative disorders, and to better understand dissociation and dissociative processes from the experiencer’s point of view. See below:
- Introduction to dissociation and the MID: Definitions and Foundations for Assessment (Jennifer Madere, and D. Michael Coy).
- Integrating the Multi Dimensional Inventory of Dissociation into Clinical Practice (Jennifer Madere, and D. Michael Coy).
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy with Pat Ogden, Ph.D.: Body Oriented Therapy Techniques for Trauma and Attachment.
- Trauma: Practical Mind-Body Strategies to Heal Trauma and Foster Resilience.
- Treating Trauma, Complex PTSD and Dissociative Disorders (Kathy Steele).
- Calming the Anxious Brain: Three Essential Strategies.
- The Meaning of Shame in the Treatment of Trauma.
- Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors: Transformational Approaches to Treating Complex Trauma (Janina Fisher).
- Trauma Summit 2020 (Action Trauma).
- Trauma and Dissociation: Essential Skills for Working Online.
- Internal Family Systems Therapy: Essentials for working with anxiety, substance misuse and trauma.
- Certificate in Gender Diversity, Part One and Two (The Link Centre).
- Beyond Pronouns: What Non Binary Clients Want You To Know (Trans Affirming Therapists Academy)
- Moving Your Practice Online (Online Therapy Institute).
- Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling - 80hrs (Counselling Tutor).
- Girls & Women with Autism (Professor Tony Attwood, & Dr. Michelle Garnett).
- Harmless Conference: Women & Mental Health.
- Harmless Conference: Self Harm & Suicide.
- North East TA Conference: Sex & Sexuality.
- Conference: Working with Dissociative Disorders in Clinical Practice (Carolyn Spring).
- Conference: Dissociation; The Fundamentals (Carolyn Spring).
- Conference: Dealing with Distress; Working with Suicide and Self Harm (Carolyn Spring).