Supporting You On Your Journey
If you are interested, below are details of my qualifications, professional memberships and ongoing continued professional development. If you are interested in my background, and what led me to become a therapist, you can get a sense of who I am here.
Diploma in Higher Education (Nursing).
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy.
- Diploma in Counselling Skills.
- Advanced Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling.
- Berne Institute Foundation Certificate in Transactional Analysis.
I am in advanced clinical training at the Berne Institute. I am studying for my MSc in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy.
Complex Trauma Certification Levels I & II with Janina Fisher.
- I am on an Accredited Register, which has been accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
- Individual accreditation with the National Counselling Society.
- I have trainee membership of the UKCP (UK Council for Psychotherapy). I abide by their Code of Ethics & Professional Practice.
- I am a member of UKATA (UK Association for Transactional Analysis).
- I am also a member of EATA (European Association for Transactional Analysis).
- Both the UKCP, and NCS are accredited by the Professional Standards Authority. This is part of the Accredited Registers programme. The PSA are an independent body, accountable to Parliament. It was set up by the Department of Health and Social Care.
Continued Professional Development Completed:
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy with Pat Ogden, Ph.D.: Body Oriented Therapy Techniques for Trauma and Attachment.
- Trauma: Practical Mind-Body Strategies to Heal Trauma and Foster Resilience.
- Treating Trauma, Complex PTSD and Dissociative Disorders (Kathy Steele).
- Calming the Anxious Brain: Three Essential Strategies.
- The Meaning of Shame in the Treatment of Trauma.
- Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors: Transformational Approaches to Treating Complex Trauma (Janina Fisher).
- Trauma Summit 2020 (Action Trauma).
- Trauma and Dissociation: Essential Skills for Working Online.
- Internal Family Systems Therapy: Essentials for working with anxiety, substance misuse and trauma.
- Certificate in Gender Diversity, Part One and Two (The Link Centre).
- Moving Your Practice Online (Online Therapy Institute).
- Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling - 80hrs (Counselling Tutor).
- Girls & Women with Autism (Professor Tony Attwood, & Dr. Michelle Garnett).
- Harmless Conference: Women & Mental Health.
- Harmless Conference: Self Harm & Suicide.
- North East TA Conference: Sex & Sexuality.
- Conference: Working with Dissociative Disorders in Clinical Practice (Carolyn Spring).
- Conference: Dissociation; The Fundamentals (Carolyn Spring).
- Conference: Dealing with Distress; Working with Suicide and Self Harm (Carolyn Spring).